Oscar Maximilian Jackman Bio- Son of Deborah and Hugh Jackman

Publish date: 2024-05-08

Who is Oscar Maximilian Jackman?

Oscar Maximilian Jackman is famous as the son of Hugh Jackman and Deborah Lee Furness.

Oscar is an Anglo-Saxon name that means “spear of the gods.”

The ‘X-men’ star Hugh Jackman and the actress Deborah Lee Furness adopted Oscar. In 2001, after being unable to conceive, the couple adopted Oscar Jackman.

Hugh Jackman is one of the most celebrated actors. He is famous for his role as Wolverine in the X-Men franchise.

On the other hand, Deborah Lee Furness has spent forty-four years acting. Deborah is famous for her role in ‘Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole,’ ‘Blessed,’ and ‘The Real Macaw.’

Do you want to know more about Hugh Jackman’s adopted son Oscar Maximilian Jackman? Then, let’s get into it.

Table of Contents

Quick facts

Full nameOscar Maximilian Jackman
NicknameOz and Ozzy
BirthdateMay 15, 2000
Age23 years old
Sun SignTaurus
TraitsPositive: Generous, loyal, stable, and patient
Negative: Stubborn, lazy, and self-indulgent
BirthplaceCalifornia, USA
Currently residingNew Rochelle, New York, USA
NationalityAmerican
ParentsAmber Lanham (biological mother)
Parents (Foster)Hugh Jackman,
Deborah Lee Furness,
Grandparents (biological)Thomas Lanham (maternal grandfather),
Sharon K. Rouse (maternal grandmother)
Grandparents (Hugh’s parents)Christopher John Jackman,
Grace McNeil
SiblingOlivia Lanham (biological sister),
Nyomi Lanham (biological sister),
Ava Eliot Jackman
Marital statusUnmarried
SpouseNone
EducationRoss School in New York
ProfessionStudent
Net worthNot applicable
Social mediaNo information
Eye colorBrown
Hair ColorDark Brown
Height6 feet 3 inches
WeightUnknown

Childhood

Oscar Maximilian Jackman was born in California on May 15, 2000, to Amber Lanham.

Based on his birth date, he is Taurus. His sun sign suggests that he is generous, determined, and goal-driven. Oscar is 6-ft-2-inches tall.

Initially, Oscar Jackman was born in California to his mother, Amber Lanham. However, at the age of 28, she committed suicide in 2005.

Oscar has two biological sisters named Olivia and Nyomi Lanham, who are looked after by Amber’s sister Rochelle in the United States.

In February 2018, he first met his biological family. He penned an emotional tribute to his sisters and aunt saying, “Today has undoubtedly been the most important day of my life; I finally met my biological family. Although I was only in Iowa for half a day, I felt that I got to know you personally. You are some of the kindest people I’ve ever met, and I promise I’m not just saying that.”

The long-time duo Hugh Jackman and Deborah Lee Furness decided to adopt their Oscar in 2001. Additionally, Deborah experienced multiple miscarriages and was unable to conceive.

The marvel superhero Hugh Jackman talked to a news portal about his struggle to become a father. He said, “It was painful.”

Hugh said that after adopting the kids, their pain subsided. They were delighted with their decision.

Today, Hugh Jackman’s life entirely revolves around his wife, Deborah Lee Furness, and two children, Oscar Maximilian and Alva Eliot Jackman.

Oscar Maximilian Jackson went to Ross School in New York, U.S.A. 

Later, he joined a university for his higher education. 

Parents

Hugh Jackman and Deboraa Lee Furness tied the knot on April 11, 1996, in Toorak, Australia. The lovebirds had met on the Australian TV show ‘Correlli’ set in 1995.

In various interviews, the Greatest Showman Actor Hugh Jackman also praises his wife, Deboraa Lee Furness.

In the interviews with a leading portal, he said how lucky he feels to have met his wife, Deborah, before becoming a star.

The couple is insanely in love with each other. They are also spotted together on vacations with their children.

In Australia, Hugh and Deborah live peacefully married lives with their two children, Oscar Maximilian, and Ava Eliot Jackman.

Hugh Jackson (father)

Hugh Jackson and Oscar Maximilian share an incredible bond. The father-son duo is often spotted in various places together.

Hugh Jackman is an Australian actor most famous for the role of Marvel superhero Wolverine in the X-Men film series. 

Born on October 12, 1968, he is also a recipient of the Guinness World Record for his longest career as a live-action Marvel superhero.

In an interview with an outlet, he said: “My son is about to leave high school, and my daughter is about to go into high school. It’s amazing to have conversations with them. But it took a bit of readjusting.”

Furthermore, he added: “It went from ‘Hey, guys, these are the rules, we don’t do that,’ to having to give them reasons why.”

Hugh surely knows how to deal with his children. He is a complete father figure.

Deborra-Lee Furness (mother)

Oscar’s mother, Deborra-Lee Furness, is also an actor and a producer.

Deborra and her husband, Hugh Jackman, have an age gap of 13 years.

She works to help orphans globally and streamlines international adoptions. She patronizes National Adoption Awareness Week and supports women’s and children’s rights.

Siblings

Ava Eliot Jackman

Ava Eliot Jackman was born in the United States on July 10, 2005. The 18 years old, half Mexican and half German, is the second adopted child of Hugh Jackman and Deborah Lee Furness. 

She is currently in high school and has not started her career yet.

Ava and her brother, Oscar Maximilian Jackman, share a beautiful bond.

Oscar Maximilian Jackman Career

Oscar is yet to establish his career as he is still pursuing his education. However, detailed information about his education and schooling is not yet available.

We assume he will surely follow in his father’s footprints, Hugh Jackman.

After being adopted by the incredibly talented Marvel actor Hugh Jackman and his wife, Deborah Lee Furness, Oscar Maximilian Jackman came under the limelight.

However, Oscar Maximilian Jackman also gathered media attention through his charming face and personality. With dark brown curly hair and brown eyes, Oscar has quite beautiful features to watch.

Oscar Maximilian Jackman Net Worth

Oscar is not professionally involved in any work. Hence, he is not earning money.

Nevertheless, his father, Hugh Jackman, has an estimated net worth of USD 180 million, and his mother, Deborah Lee Furness, has an estimated net worth of USD 55 million.

Oscar is living a luxurious with his family in Australia.

Social media

There is an Instagram account with the username @oscar_mayj_tree

It is a private account and has only 350 plus followers. Oscar’s bio says he is a “plant and environment enthusiast.”

Oscar has completed high school and has yet to choose a career. He lives his best life with his father, Hugh Jackman, and mother, Deborah Lee Furness.

You need to know everything about Hugh Jackman’s son Oscar. If you think we missed something. Comment down below.

FAQs

How old is Oscar Maximilian Jackman?

As of 2023, Oscar is 23.

Is Oscar Maximilian Jackman adopted?

Yes, Hugh Jackman’s elder son, Oscar, is adopted. Hugh and Deborra struggled to have a baby and faced two miscarriages. On the other hand, Oscar was born to a poverty-stricken family.
Adopting Oscar brought happiness to the Jackmans.

What does Hugh Jackman’s son do?

Hugh Jackman’s son is a student.

Is Hugh Jackman’s Son Biracial?

Yes, Hugh Jackman’s son is biracial. Hugh and his wife, Deborra, were stern about adopting only mixed-race children as they were the ones who were naturally rejected. Hugh’s son, Oscar, has African-American, Hawaiian, Caucasian, and Cherokee ethnicity.

ncG1vNJzZmiblaGyo6%2FRoquim6NjsLC5jqiqnJmiYrqixMimoKWhkaN6q63CpKSapl8%3D