Kendrick Lamars use of homosexual slur in new monitor Auntie Diaries divides followers The Talks

Publish date: 2024-05-08

Kendrick Lamar’s new albumMr Morale & The Big Stepperswas launched instantly (March thirteenth).

The much-anticipated drop choices 18 new tracks and is the rapper’s fifth studio album. Fans have gone wild over the model new songs, notably N95, United In Grief and We Cry Together.

However, one monitor has left followers divided as a result of the 34-year-old makes use of an offensive slur.

While some are slamming Auntie Diaries on Twitter as a result of time interval, others are praising Kendrick for addressing a significant scenario…

Photo by Mindy Small/Getty Images

Kendrick Lamar makes use of homosexual slur

On reaching the fifteenth music in Auntie Diaries, many followers have been shocked as a result of the rapper makes use of a particularly insulting racial slur.

The Humble singer makes use of the phrase f****t seven events all through the music, a particularly hurtful and derogatory time interval used to clarify a homosexual or homosexual man.

However, Lamar isn’t aiming the slur at anyone particularly, singing: “Back when it was comedic relief to say f****t.”

He has acknowledged the music is a big monitor about his transgender uncle and didn’t use the time interval to be disrespectful. Kendrick raps regarding the detrimental experiences his auntie expert whereas transitioning into an individual, whereas the music moreover tackles homosexual factors.

Many followers outraged on Twitter

Some followers, nonetheless, are appalled Kendrick has used such a disrespectful time interval:

This content material materials couldn’t be loaded

not y’all bending over backwards to defend the utilization of a slur in auntie diaries. you’ll be capable of current progress and enchancment with out using a slur and blatant misgendering. being kendrick lamar doesn’t excuse you from accountability. no I can’t be taking totally different opinions on this.

— doz (@_dxrxthy_) May 13, 2022

Many suppose being a rapper doesn’t justify using such a derogatory time interval:

Kendrick Lamar followers when i inform them they don’t ought to defend Auntie Diaries (being an vital rapper wouldn’t justify saying a slur you haven’t any correct to say) pic.twitter.com/34Xoj9upYL

— Ricc (@PXEbyEcco2k) May 13, 2022

kendrick lamar saying the f slur is crazy like i get what he was doing nevertheless nonetheless

— niya (@PJSGLOCK) May 13, 2022

Its hilarious to see people defending kendrick lamar saying that it was taken out of context like?? He shouldn’t be using that slur in any respect 😭

— manz (@holdmyyadom) May 13, 2022

Others reward the music

While detrimental evaluations flood Twitter, others are commending the rapper for discussing transgender and homophobic factors:

Yo “Auntie Diaries” could be some REAL barrier-breaking stuff in hip-hop. Kendrick talking overtly about his aunt and cousin transitioning and “choosing humanity over religion.”

— Khari Thompson (@kdthompson5) May 13, 2022

Auntie Diaries is the first music in principal help of the trans group from a rap artist as huge as Kendrick and I cannot voice how snug I’m for it

— Agora (@sadboiinfinite) May 13, 2022

We aren’t about to “cancel” Kendrick over Auntie Diaries. The strongest man in hip-hop wrote a complete music supporting trans rights and acknowledging the homophobia he participated in. In a method that has a historic previous of homophobia, this strikes the convo in the becoming course.

— seth (@sethism_) May 13, 2022

Other followers can see both aspect of the argument:

i’m not excusing the utilization of the f slur on auntie diaries by kendrick lamar, nevertheless the context of the monitor is important. the music is about his transgender aunt and kendrick’s earlier ignorance after which his later progress and realization of the damage of his outdated ideologies

— blue (@ClRCUMAMBlENCE) May 13, 2022

At the time of writing, the rapper hadn’t spoken regarding the controversy.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGiinqaUp7akt4ylmKaZoqh6tr%2FEZqafZZikurC%2FxLGsmqRdqLm2voyipWamlax6rrvNoquoql2Wwq%2FAyJ5knaGRp7amv4ydoK%2BhlJrAbrLOpaOor5WnwHA%3D